From eCrystals Federation Project
Welcome to the eCrystals Federation Project pages
This project will establish a solid foundation of crystallography data repositories across an international group of partner sites, with metadata harvested by a number of aggregrator services. Building on eBank-UK Phase 3 results, partners will work together to;
- integrate and embed the open data repository approach into current research practice by engaging data centres, librarians, researchers, publishers and third party information providers
- harmonise the metadata application profiles from repositories operating on different platforms
- investigate aggregation issues arising from harvesting metadata from repositories within the networked information environments
- enable the Federation of institutional archives to interoperate with international subject archives (IUCr and CCDC) and other third party harvesters
- develop approaches to the preservation and curation of scientific data in open repositories
The project is led by the UK National Crystallography Service (University of Southampton) with core partners at UKOLN (University of Bath), the Digital Curation Centre (Universities of Bath & Edinburgh) and the Unilever Centre (University of Cambridge). The project currently has 14 supporting partners.
Please click here for information about the Installation of EPrints and eCrystals.
Please click here for information about Getting Started with eCrystals and creating a new archive.
Please click here for information about Uploading a new eCrystal.