From eCrystals Federation Project
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
The project is led by the
The project is led by the http://www.ncs.chem.soton.ac.uk UK National Crystallography Serviceat the University of Southampton with '''core''' partners at [http://www.ukoln.ac.uk UKOLN] (University of Bath), the [http://www.dcc.ac.uk Digital Curation Centre] and the [http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/wikis/wwmm/index.php/Main_Page Unilever Centre] (University of Cambridge). The project currently has 14 [http://wiki.ecrystals.chem.soton.ac.uk/index.php '''supporting''' partners].
Revision as of 14:34, 13 November 2007
Welcome to the eCrystals Federation Project pages
This project will establish a solid foundation of crystallography data repositories accross an international group of partner sites, with metadata harvested by a number of aggregrator services. Building on eBank-UK Phase 3 results, partners will work together to;
- integrate and embed the open data repository approach into current research practice by engaging data centres, librarians, researchers, publishers and third party information providers
- harmonise the metadata application profiles from repositories operating on different platforms
- investigate aggregation issues arising from harvesting metadata from repositories within the networked information environments
- enable the Federation of institutional archives to interoperate with international subject archives (IUCr and CCDC) and other third party harvesters
- develop approaches to the preservation and curation of scientific data in open repositories
The project is led by the <ilink>http://www.ncs.chem.soton.ac.uk UK National Crystallography Service</ilink> at the University of Southampton with core partners at UKOLN (University of Bath), the Digital Curation Centre and the Unilever Centre (University of Cambridge). The project currently has 14 supporting partners.